JKR Solicitors

Practicing Excellence

Entry Clearance Visa

An **Entry Clearance** is a procedure used by Entry Clearance Officers at British Missions overseas to check whether a person qualifies to enter the UK under the immigration rules for entry. All visa applicants require entry clearance before they enter the UK even if they come as tourists.

You can apply for entry clearance to UK by completing an online application form which is available on the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) website. After you complete the application form, you need to book an appointment to attend your local Visa Application Center.

We can help prepare, assess applications before submission and assistance to give your application a best possible chance of success.
Learn More Here.
Learn More Here.

Leave to Remain

Leave to Remain is a type of visa that allows a person to stay in the UK for a longer, but still limited, period of time. It is also known as applying for further leave to remain or visa extension.

There are two types of Leave to Remain: Limited Leave to Remain and Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Limited Leave to Remain provides a person with temporary permission to stay in the UK for the duration of their visa. On the other hand, ILR gives foreign nationals permission to stay in the UK on a permanent basis after they have been living in the UK for a qualifying period (typically 5 years).

To keep legal status and lawful living in the UK it is important to apply for a leave to remain application. This also counts time towards ILR and British citizenship application.

We can help organise necessary documents, assess your application, and guide you through applying correctly to the best chance of success. We have been successful in numerous standard to complex applications.

Permanent Residency Application

A UK permanent residence visa is also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). It gives foreign nationals permission to stay in the UK on a permanent basis after they have been living in the UK for a qualifying period (typically 5 years). It gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you’re eligible. You can use it to apply for British citizenship.

You can apply for permanent residence in the UK after having legally resided in the nation for a certain amount of years. Generally, you must have lived and worked in the UK for at least five years. If you have a Tier 1 Visa, this can be reduced to two or three years.

We are specialised in permanent residency applications like all other types of applications. Permanent residence application can be complex and the Home Office fees are really high. It is vital to submit application accurately as refusal can incur huge cost. Rest assured, we can help whole heartedly as if it is one of your life event and our reason to pride about our work.

EEA/EU Applications

An EEA/EU application in the UK refers to the EU Settlement Scheme. The EU Settlement Scheme allows EU, EEA or Swiss citizens and their families to apply to continue living in the UK after Brexit. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.

If you are a Non-EEA/EU Citizen and are not currently residing in the UK, but are a family member of an EU Citizen who is currently residing in the UK, an EEA Family Permit is the first type of EEA/EU application you would need to apply for in order to enter the UK.

An EEA/EU application can be easy or complex. Whatever it is we have your back. We can thoroughly assess your application and supporting documents, guide you through, and apply on your behalf.

Human Rights Applications

Under the UK’s immigration and asylum system, a ‘human rights application’ means that you are seeking the right to remain in the UK in accordance with Article 3 or 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR).

There are several ways to make an application to remain or settle by making an asylum or human rights-based application to the Home Office. For example, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) as a child who has lived in the UK for 7 or more years.

If you are considering to apply under human rights, we can help. We can assess if you are eligible for legal aid. We don't charge you if we find you are eligible for legal aid. Legal Aid is a government help towards your application subject to eligibility and merits of the case. We can also advise you what are your options if we find you are not eligible for funding.

Most people considering to apply under human rights law seek lawyers advice, and/or appoint a lawyer on their behalf to apply. Speak to us, we can help.


An asylum application in the UK is a request for protection as a refugee. To be eligible for asylum, you must have left your country and be unable to go back because you fear persecution. You should apply for asylum as soon as possible after arriving in the UK.

When you apply for asylum, you’ll have a meeting with an immigration officer (known as a ‘screening’). After your screening, the Home Office will decide if your claim can be considered in the UK. If it can, you’ll have an asylum interview with a caseworker. You’ll usually get a decision on your application within 6 months. Find More.


An immigration appeal in the UK is a legal process where you can challenge a decision made by the Home Office to refuse your visa or immigration application. You can appeal to the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) if you have the legal right to appeal - you’ll usually be told if you do in your decision letter.

If you are lodging an immigration appeal from within the UK, you must lodge your immigration appeal within 14 days of the decision being sent to you. Read More

We are at JKR Solicitors completed a lot of appeals successfully. If you decide to visit us, it would be a right choice. We can carefully appeal with the aim to success.

Judicial Review

Judicial review is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. It is a way for people to challenge the exercise of power, usually by a public body. A person who contends that an exercise of power is unlawful may apply to the Administrative Court (a part of the King’s Bench Division of the High Court) for a decision.

Judicial reviews are a challenge to the way in which a decision has been made, rather than the rights and wrongs of the conclusion reached. The court will not substitute what it thinks is the ‘correct’ decision. This may mean that the public body will be able to make the same decision again, so long as it does so in a lawful way. Read more

We can certainly help lodging judicial review on your behalf. We give our maximum efforts to acquire succeeds on each application.

Bail Applications

An immigration bail application in the UK is a request for release from detention on immigration matters. You can apply for immigration bail if the Home Office is holding you on immigration matters. This means you might be released from detention but you’ll have to obey conditions set out on release notice. This could be guaranteeing bond money to reporting to the Home Office reporting centre at a scheduled date and time.

You can apply for bail in two main ways: through the Home Secretary (‘Secretary of State bail’) any time after you arrive in the UK or through the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) if you have arrived more than eight days ago. Read More

We understand how devastating it is for you and your loved ones when you are in detention centre or held by the Home Office for any of the immigration matter. Most of the cases and most of the time it is possible to release you on bail. It requires the Home Office officer or a judge to trust your application and authorise bail. We have a very good record in successful bail application. Please contact us without delay.

Family Law

Family law in the UK (England and Wales) concerns the law relating to family matters. Family law encompasses divorce, adoption, wardship, child abduction and parental responsibility. It can either be public law or private law.

Family law is found in Acts of Parliament and applied and interpreted by the Higher Courts to create legal precedent. The Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 (MCA 1973) is the core legislation relating to divorce and financial proceedings. The Children Act 1989 (CA 1989) is the primary source of law in relation to children, their upbringing and welfare.

Family law for immigration in the UK refers to the rules and regulations that govern family-related immigration matters. You can apply for a family visa to live with your spouse or partner, fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner, child, parent or relative who’ll provide long-term care for you.

The Immigration Rules are some of the most important pieces of legislation that make up the UK’s immigration law. They are updated on a regular basis and all changes can be found in the Immigration Rules: statement of changes. Explore More Here

We are careful and cordial in terms of applications relating to family matters including domestic violence. Family matters can be devastating and emotionally damaging. We do not judge anyone or their actions. We learn from you, check through the issues, find out what is to be done, advise you, and progress to necessary applications depending on your circumstances. We will always consult with you whenever necessary. We are very confidential and your matter will always remain confidential. We never share anything without our client's consent. We only share when it is required as part of an application. For example, as a supporting document for your application to the Home Office or the court.

Employment Law

Employment law in the UK regulates the relations between workers, employers and trade unions. People at work in the UK can rely upon a minimum set of employment rights, which are found in Acts of Parliament, Regulations, common law and equity.

UK employment law provides one of the world’s finest legal frameworks for the defence of workers’ rights. It offers safeguards for employers, enabling them to dismiss rogue employees when the circumstances demand it; but, in the main, UK employment laws help to ensure fairness for all.

We can help with the issues relating employment such as unfair dismissal from job, discriminations at work, abuse at work etc.


Litigation in immigration law refers to the process of taking legal action to resolve disputes related to immigration matters. This can include challenging decisions made by immigration authorities, such as visa denials or deportation orders. Litigation can take place in various courts and tribunals, depending on the nature of the dispute and the remedies sought.

We can successfully fight and recover damages in financial means from cort or the Home Office.

Criminal Law

Criminal law in immigration matters refers to the body of law that deals with criminal offenses related to immigration. This can include offenses such as illegal entry, overstaying a visa, or engaging in activities that are not permitted under the terms of a visa. Penalties for these offenses can range from fines and deportation to imprisonment.

Immigrations applications can have severe impact where there is a criminality involved. We advise to consult with a professional immigration adviser before making any application. We can assess severity, provide guidance, and represent you accordingly with the aim of success.

Get in Touch

Thank you for visiting our website.

I intend to provide general information, which should not be construed as legal advice at all. If you are looking for advice on a specific matter, you are encouraged to contact us directly. I strongly advise you not to disclose personal or confidential information until an attorney-client relationship has been established, which will only occur in the absence of a conflict of interest.

JKR Solicitors
London Office

25 Whitechapel Road
London, E1 1DU

Tel: 0207 247 7292
Fax: 0207 539 9365
JKR Solicitors
Birmingham Office

Suite 5 (Second Floor)
Heath Court

489-493 Coventry Road
B10 0JS

Tel: 0121 247 0387
Fax: 0207 539 9365